EARLY CAREER SCIENTIST SUPPORT: Funding is available to partially support student and early career scientist attendance at this symposium.
With the support of the Natural Environment Research Council and the UK Polar Network, limited support is available to contribute towards the cost of registration fees for the IGS Symposium. This funding is available only to students or those recently graduated. Please note that this funding will not cover your full travel, registration, and related costs, but is intended to provide seed funding to attract additional funding towards your attendance at the IGS 2015.
Please note that the abstract submission system is separate from the student travel support application and including your abstract on the support application does NOT constitute an abstract submission. You must submit an abstract through the IGS on-line abstract submission system in order to be considered for support.
19th April 2015
5th May 2015
Applicants must currently be pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree at an accredited university, or have graduated after 2012. The applicant must be the presenting first author on abstracts accepted for the IGS 2015 Symposium in Cambridge.
Required application information:
Please email all information (2 pages maximum) in a single PDF file to Elaina Ford (elaina.ford [@] bas.ac.uk). Follow the filename convention: “IGS2015_Cambridge_TravelSupport_FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME.pdf”.
1 page CV that includes the following information:
- Full name and full contact details.
- Current academic status (including year of expected completion, if applicable). For those already graduated, please provide your current employment status (including position title) and the year of your graduation.
- Name and contact (email) details of Faculty Advisor/Work Supervisor.
- Country of birth and of citizenship, gender, any degrees, publications or awards.
1 page Summary that includes the following information:
- Abstract number and title of an accepted/submitted abstract for the IGS 2015 Symposium in Cambridge.
- Summary of your motivation to attend this symposium.
- Dates of first and last night of accommodation required.
- Quote or honest estimate of travel costs (NB we can’t guarantee to meet full costs).
- Recipients must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Recipients must provide receipts for any expense claimed.
- Recipients must provide the organizers with their banking information before the end of the symposium.
- On request, recipients will take on tasks to assist during the IGS 2015 Symposium in Cambridge.
- Successful applicants must notify Elaina Ford (elaina.ford [at] bas.ac.uk) of their acceptance within 10 days of receiving notification.
- Travel support funds may not be distributed until after the symposium, and the total amount awarded depends on the number of applicants.